Welcome to CORE Careers!
At CORE, team culture is everything. So people who contribute to it are important to us.
We are proud of our CORE community, where teamwork, trust, and mutual respect, as well as curiosity and openness are of utmost importance.
We are part of the globally recognized Zehnder Group, but here in Reinsdorf we pride ourselves in maintaining a family-like atmosphere.
To strengthen our Quality Assurance team at the site in Vancouver, Canada, we are immediately looking for a:
Senior Quality Assurance Technologist (m/f/d)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Permanent employment
- Attractive compensation
- Extensive training in a modern work setting
- Appealing working environment
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Summary of responsibility
In this role you will ensure that product quality standards are maintained, and that systems and processes support continuous improvement. You will be required to work under minimal supervision to evaluate, prioritize, select and apply solutions to a variety of supplier quality and manufacturing related issues.
- Inspect & audit incoming components to ensure compliance to quality requirements and maintain supplier quality metrics
- Ensure that product quality standards are maintained, and that systems and processes support continuous improvement
- Work under minimal supervision to evaluate, prioritize, select and apply solutions to a variety of supplier quality and manufacturing related issues
- Communicate to suppliers any deficiencies identified and work with them to resolve
- Manage supplier quality concern resolution plans (Supplier Corrective Action Report)
- Perform pre-shipment inspections and file/archive all quality documents and records
- Maintain statistics on quality issues as a means of focusing on priorities concerns using such system as Non-Conformance Reporting (NCR)
- Investigate quality issues and establish corrective action by facilitating cross-function teams in identifying root cause
- Ensure that inspections/quality tools are maintained and periodically calibrated
- Prepare internal and external customer quality concern/resolution plans (8Ds)
- Be a role model for other employees related to QA principles and provide leadership for the production team members in performing QA inspection and verification
- Collaborate with other functions to create improvement initiatives
- Support engineering with Engineering Change Orders (ECO) and deviation requests
- Support the development of appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPI), align them with the requirements of ISO9001 and report the monthly results
- Manage the document control system including issuing document numbers and processing document-related change orders
- Participate in internal audits and take appropriate actions in response to any non-conformances
- Support quality initiatives to ensure compliance with ISO9001 standards
- Ensure that records, work instructions and visuals are established and maintained to provide evidence that the Quality Management System (QMS) is being followed
- Support training program to ensure new staff understand the application of QMS in their roles and responsibilities
- Contribute to Lean, Continuous Improvement activities
- Remain current on industry developments and quality initiatives
- Undertake special projects as required or other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize activities
- Positive attitude and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with diverse teams
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint) and Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP Platform or an equivalent ERP Platform
- Embraces change and interested in operational improvements
- Capable of reading engineering drawings, reviewing calculations, analyzing, specifications and codes
- Ability to lift ~20 lbs/9 kg
- 4+ years in Quality Control & Assurance; working in manufacturing environment
- Familiar with a QMS (Quality Management System) and ISO 9001
- Working knowledge of: lean principles, root cause analysis tools, NCR process, SPC, FMEA, 6 sigma, 8Ds
- Hands on experience using various measurement and quality inspection tools
- Diploma in Technology or Engineering Degree
- ASQ certification or similar
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- First Aid training is an asset
If you find yourself reflected in this job specification, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as part of your application.
CORE Energy Recovery Systems is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.